You will be a key member of the Product Development team developing state of the art Power Conversion products for use in Alternative Energy, Renewable Energy, Energy Storage, Micro-Grid, and Backup Power applications. Tasks will include design of high-power power conversion systems, design and selection of Power Electronic components, design of electrical control circuitry, development of control algorithms and software, performing system-level analysis and design, and supporting fabrication and testing of power conversion systems.
- Primary responsibility for the design of the power topology architecture of a variety of power conversion products based on a number of different conversion topologies.
- Primary responsibility for the design/selection of high-power components such as IGBTs, capacitors, inductors, transformers.
- Primary responsibility for the design of sensing and control circuitry for interfacing DSP/FPGA-based controllers with high-power electronics
- Support design of mechanical packaging of high-power components in 3D modeling software.
- Perform FMEA and reliability analyses and design to meet reliability targets
- Design for compliance with UL, CE, and FCC standards as well as outdoor environmental targets.
- Support development of control software for power circuit topology.
- Primary responsibility for development of test procedures and supervision of testing for design verification of full power conversion system.
- Provide technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations.
- 5+ years experience in electronic hardware design and development for power electronics applications or 3+ years with an advanced degree
- Proficient and creative problem-solving
- Detailed understanding of modern electrical engineering principles and practice
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Team player but with the ability to work in isolation
Ideal candidates will have experience with the following: high power electronics, software development, system simulation, printed circuit board design, and designing embedded controls. Willingness and desire to complete ownership and responsibility for projects and good presentation skills also desired.
Princeton Power Systems is a non-discriminating employer.